Protein powder isn’t just for smoothies. You can boost your protein intake by adding it to foods or recipes. The added protein keeps you full longer and reduces cravings. Here are 3 ways to consume your protein powder other than drinking it.
- Power-up your breakfast!
Add some protein powder to your oatmeal or yogurt. Try a small amount first such as a teaspoon in a bit of oatmeal to see if you like it.
- Summer Treat
These protein ice pops make a great summer or post workout snack
- Healthy snacks like these energy bars
1 cup pitted dates
¼ cup dried apricots
1 scoop of VegaOne vanilla flavor or your favorite protein powder
¼ cup ground almond
¼ cup hemp seeds
½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
½ cup quick oats
2 tbsp of cocoa nibs (optional)
- Soak the dates and apricots in water for about 30 minutes.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Drain the water from the dates and discard the water.
- Process the dates in a food processor or Bullet until they form a paste.
- Add dates to dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Place in a pan or roll into balls
NOTE: You can substitute the fruit, nuts and seeds with your favorites.
Choosing a protein powder can be challenging because there are so many on the market. My favourites brands are Vega and Sunwarrior because of their ingredients and taste. When shopping for your powder keep in mind it’s different uses so that you can choose a flavor that will compliment the recipes and whatever you plan on adding it into.