For an abdominal castor pack place the fabric on your abdominal area under your ribcage right down to your pelvic bones. Then place the plastic over top and then apply your heat. Rest for at least 30 minutes. Once you take it off if, put the castor oil on the fabric into the fridge. When you take it out of the fridge for your next use go through all of the same steps and apply more castor oil each time. I recommend a castor treatment 2-3 times per week.
This September, to celebrate our 10 year anniversary, we’ve put together a whole MONTH of draws! Each day we will put all the names of individuals who received a service into a draw for the correlating prize on the calendar below. So many chances to win!
Thank you, from all of us at Sage Wellness
Join our wellness workshop for women!
For the fitness enthusiast, experienced athlete or anyone in the health/fitness profession. And for those who are ready to adopt a healthy lifestyle, this full-day of wellness workshops is for you! Guaranteed action, reaction, education and relaxation.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Date/time: Sunday October 15, 2017 from 9 AM – 4:30 PM
What to bring: water bottle, wear comfortable clothing for outdoor walks/yoga
Where to go: Pioneer Village is at 3700 Wilhaven Drive
Where to park: Free parking onsite
Venue: Maskimming Outdoor Education Center
9 – 9:20am – MINDFUL WALK with Tanya Robertson
This is a meditative, silent, group walk. Our focus will be on observing nature around us and practicing being part of a group, enjoying each others energy in silence.
9:30 – 11am – FALL DETOX with Dr. Kristi Lewis
This workshop is designed for women who are interested in learning about a whole body approach for a safe and effective detoxification program. By attending this event you will receive:
- A basic understanding of the body’s detoxification pathways and elimination processes
- Information about the signs and symptoms associated with an overburden of toxins in the body
- Practical nutrition, lifestyle and supplement tips to support a safe and effective detoxification program
11:00 – 11:30am – FITNESS & YOGA BREAK with Tanya Robertson
This will be outdoors, some basic fitness exercises and yoga poses to work your body from sitting in the workshop.
11:30am – 12:30pm – LUNCH
Enjoy a delicious and nutritious lunch, and maybe go for a beautiful walk, enjoy nature. Please bring your own lunch and snack. We have two refrigerators to store food in.
12:30 – 2:00pm – THE WILD FOODS AND HERBS OF AUTUMN
The cool, crisp days of autumn invite us to prepare for the coming winter by nourishing our bodies, supporting the immune system and getting more rest. Join herbalist and wildcrafter Amber Westfall to explore some of the wild foods and herbs that we can incorporate at this time of year to honour the season and transition into fall with health and vitality. Learn about wild plants such as burdock, yellow dock, elderberry, hawthorn, New England aster, yarrow and others.
2:30 – 4pm – FERMENTING: BASICS FOR BEGINNERS with Kathryn Scott
Learn how to make lacto-fermented vegetables and drinks with basic equipment available in any kitchen. The fermenting process will be demystified, giving you the confidence to begin your own microbial adventure.
4:00 – 4:30pm – SONIC GONG MEDITATION
Sit back, relax and let the sound take over. The gong is a powerful musical instrument used as sound therapy that can help lift and shift your internal vibes and bring them back to a less chaotic and natural rhythm. Basically, you’ll feel super relaxed and it will calm you right down.
Who doesn’t like brownies? This recipe turns a generally dairy and gluten-filled dessert into a healthy raw brownie that tastes amazing! Best of all you don’t need to turn on the oven and these 3 ingredients brownies are ready in a few minutes.
1 cup dates
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 cup walnuts*
- If your dates are dry soak in warm water for 10 minutes, then drain and keep the water aside.
- Place walnuts in food processor or Vitamix and process until they resemble a fine crumb mixture.
- Add the cacao powder and pulse until combined.
- Add the dates to the food processor a bit at a time until it forms a dough like consistency. You may not use all the dates. If the mixture is dry add a bit of the date water.
- Remove the dough and place it onto a piece of wax or parchment paper and shape the dough into a large square that you can cut later or form the dough into balls.
- Place the brownies in a container and freeze for at least an hour. They will keep in the freezer for at least 1 month.
* The walnuts can be substituted for almonds, hazelnuts or pecans.
1. What you put on your skin matters. Our skin is our largest organ, and we absorb what we put on it in seconds. Look for companies that are transparent with their ingredients and intentionally ban ingredients that are harmful see Never List(pdf).
3. Avoid synthetic fragrances and chose products scented with essential oils. My favourite product is the Number 2 Face Oil from Beautycounter. I only use a few drops of this hydrating oil pressed into my skin or mixed into my moisturizer, It is scented with Jasmine oil.