Who doesn’t like brownies? This recipe turns a generally dairy and gluten-filled dessert into a healthy raw brownie that tastes amazing! Best of all you don’t need to turn on the oven and these 3 ingredients brownies are ready in a few minutes.
1 cup dates
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 cup walnuts*
- If your dates are dry soak in warm water for 10 minutes, then drain and keep the water aside.
- Place walnuts in food processor or Vitamix and process until they resemble a fine crumb mixture.
- Add the cacao powder and pulse until combined.
- Add the dates to the food processor a bit at a time until it forms a dough like consistency. You may not use all the dates. If the mixture is dry add a bit of the date water.
- Remove the dough and place it onto a piece of wax or parchment paper and shape the dough into a large square that you can cut later or form the dough into balls.
- Place the brownies in a container and freeze for at least an hour. They will keep in the freezer for at least 1 month.
* The walnuts can be substituted for almonds, hazelnuts or pecans.