These recipes are quick to prepare and make enough servings for breakfast for a week for 1 person.
Oats provide a good dose of soluble fiber to help you stay regular and lower cholesterol levels.
- 2 cups oats
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup berries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup chopped nuts & seeds
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and add the berries.
- In another bowl, mix the egg, almond milk and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry mix and then spread the mixture into a greased baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown
- Serve with more berries and milk or on its own!
- Store in the fridge or make a big batch and freeze.
Chia seed pudding
Chia seeds are rich in fiber, omega-3 fats, protein, vitamins and minerals.
- 1 cup of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 2/3 cup of chia seeds
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend on low speed until thick or blend on a higher speed for a smoother texture.
- Store in the fridge.
- Option to serve with fruit.