This amazing at home treatment acts by increasing the circulation and decreasing congestion in the upper respiratory passages, head, and throat. It has a relaxing action and many patients report that they sleep much better during the treatment. Warming socks is effective for pain relief and has been shown to speed the healing response during acute infections.
Sore throat or any inflammation or infection of the throat, neck pain, ear infections, headaches, migraines, nasal congestion, upper respiratory infections, coughs, bronchitis, and sinus infections.
1 pair of thin white cotton socks
1 pair of thick wool socks
warm bath or warm foot bath
1. Warms your feet first – this is very important as the treatment will not be as effective and could be harmful if your feet are not warmed first. Warming can be accomplished by soaking your feet in warm water for at least 5-10 minutes or taking a warm bath for 5-10 minutes.
2. Dry off fee and body with a dry towel
3. Take a pair of cotton socks and soak them in cold running water. Wring the socks well so they do not drip.
4. Put the cotton socks on your feet while sitting on your bed. Cover with the wool socks and go directly to bed so as to avoid getting chilled.
5. Keep the socks on overnight. You will find that the wet cotton socks will be dry in the morning.
For best results repeat this for three nights in a row, or as instructed by your Naturopathic Doctor.