The change of season from winter to spring is the ideal time to detoxify. During the winter months your body has accumulated toxins due to immune challenges, poor diet choices and the mental/emotional as well as physical stresses of the long cold season.
Following this daily nutrition regime for 14 days will result in the safe and gentle assistance of your liver to process the toxins as well support your urinary tract, lymphatic system and gastrointestinal tract in the elimination of the toxins.
1) Start your morning with a nutrient dense smoothie that includes: 15 grams of a high quality rice, hemp or pea protein powder, 1/2 cup almond or rice milk, 1 banana, 1/2 cup blueberries and a large handful of spinach or kale. For added support include 1 tbsp of coconut oil and 1 tbsp of ground flax seeds.
2) Mid morning choose a piece of organic fruit and 10 almonds or 1 tbsp of almond butter.
3) Lunch includes a protein like beans and lentils, organic chicken or turkey or wild game like bison or elk served with brown rice, quinoa or sweet potatoes and an abundance of vegetables. This can be served in a variety of ways for example cold as a salad with an oil based salad dressing or warm as a stir fry seasoned with garlic and ginger.
4) Mid afternoon choose raw vegetables like carrots, peppers or celery and 3 tbsp of hummus.
5) Dinner is similar to lunch. To keep things interesting make soups or stews that follow the same guidelines of a protein, gluten free grain and lots of veggies. Also ensure that you add healthy fats to each meal like avocado, roasted nuts and seeds, goat cheese and/or different salad dressings and sauces.
6) If you are hungry at night choose a brown rice cake with almond or cashew butter and honey.
7) Finally drink at least 2 liters of water and replace coffee with green tea.
For an advanced detoxification program please contact Sage Wellness to book an appointment to assess your level of toxicity and to obtain a specific and individualized protocol.