Dr. Kristy Lewis (“We”, “Our”)
Privacy of your personal information is an important part of the quality naturopathic care I provide. I understand the importance of protecting your personal information. I am committed to collecting, using and disclosing your personal information responsibly. I will try to be as open and transparent as possible about the way we handle your personal information.
- Only necessary information is collected about you;
- I only share your information with your consent;
- I do my best to protect use personal information while accessing this website
Storage, retention and destruction of your personal information complies with existing legislation and privacy protection protocols;
My privacy protocols comply with privacy legislation and standards or our regulatory body, CONO (College of Naturopaths of Ontario).
- I understand the importance of protecting your personal information. To help you understand how I am doing that, I have outlined here how I use and and disclose your information.
- To assess your health concerns
- To provide health care
- To advise you of treatment options
- To establish and maintain contact with you
- To send you newsletters and other information mailings
- To remind you of upcoming appointments
- To communicate with other treating healthcare providers
- To allow us to efficiently follow-up for treatment, care and billing
- To complete claims for insurance purposes
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements of our regulatory body, CONO (College of Naturopaths of Ontario)
- To invoice for goods and services
- To process credit card payments
- To collect unpaid accounts
- To assist this Centre to comply with all regulatory requirements
- To comply generally with the law
- To allow potential purchasers, practice brokers or advisors to conduct an audit in preparation for a practice sale
Your patient file will be kept confidential according to the principles outlined above.
Your information in your file will not be shared with anyone outside my office unless it is required by law or written consent to share the information with another person (i.e. another healthcare practitioner) has been given by you
Google Analytics (GA)
Collects anonymous aggregate data from site visitors including which pages are visited, what time of the day the pages are visited, for how long those pages are visited, etc. GA collects data points regarding activity on the site. The only personally identifiable piece of information collected is a visitor’s a partial IP address.
We have adjusted to this site’s GA code, so that the IP address is anonymized. This means the last three digits of the IP are removed and geo-location is no longer accurate.
You can disable any cookies already stored on your computer, but these may stop our website from functioning properly.
The following cookies are required to provide you with the best user experience and also to tell us which pages you find most interesting (anonymously).
Functional Cookies – This Website will track the pages you visit via Google Analytics
Most Internet browser allow you to configure the browser to reject cookies. Doing so may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Site.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
You can unsubscribe from receiving emails by following unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
ADVERTISING AND RETARGETING
We do not collect information for targeting or advertising purposes.
EMBEDDED CONSENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
I use Google Analytics to help us understand our users.
I may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
HOW DO I PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
I implement reasonable precautions in order to protect your Personal Information and ensure that such Personal Information is not accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee it’s absolute security.
For more information about these privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact me by e-mail at [email protected]